Blog Post #57 - Foley Sounds

 Foley sounds added:

  • Tree branch snap
  • Running feet
  • leaves moving
Foley sounds are an important sound usage in films. They enhance the quality of the audio in specific situations. For my film, I added a few foley sounds for this exact purpose. For the running scene of Bonnie, she is outside alone while it's dark. To emphasize the scariness in this scene I wanted to add an everyday sound that would scare the average person. To achieve this, I inserted the sound of a tree branch snapping. This startled Bonnie and made her scared. She continued her run as she says "It's probably nothing". She is visibly on edge after this. As she continues running, she hears her name from the voices and this is when she turns around and runs home. The branch foley sound was to foreshadow that Bonnie was going to get increasingly scared when she hears the voices.

This same scene is when I included the foley sounds of leaves moving. I had the actor Briana kick around some leaves so I could insert the sound over a clip. I used this sound in this scene when int first begins. When showing the tree outside of her house. Just to get some ambient noises in there before she stared running. 

For the running feet foley noise, this was used in the ending scene. When Lucas was running behind Bonnie as she ran to her room. When Lucas was running in the hallway, I wanted the sound of his feet to be more enhanced. I had the actor, Matt, run in place so I could record it. I then subtracted the audio from the clip and overlayed it on him running. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection