Blog Post #55 - Post Card finishing touches

I've finally made the finishing touches to the postcard. As i've been experimenting with Canva, I realized it's a better fit for these types of projects compared to Adobe Photoshop. Due to this, I re-did my postcards. I maintained the same themes, however, I altered a lot. To explain, I have felt iffy about my postcard updates. The postcard felt off. When doing further research on postcard layouts and themes, I came across a few that made more sense for my film. I will provide a side by side:

Front side:

             Before changes:               After changes:



I came to the conclusion that the postcard should only be Bonnie. Lucas is featured frequently on the instagram, due to this, I wanted Bonnie to have the postcard. This way it's visible that she is the point of the film. Lucas is her boyfriend and a main character, however, to get the genre point across of horror, the isolation factor is my main priority. Meaning, Bonnie had to be represented alone. After deleting their picture together, I also deleted the format I had going. The image of Bonnie remained the same. I added some font changes and a little teaser message for the film. This message was originally on the back of the postcard, after thinking deeper, I moved it to the front. I felt it fits better in the front rather than the back. Clearly showing the thriller side of the film. After messing around with some of the fonts and colors, I decided to format the words this way. Making the postcard more visibly appealing. Finally, I included another nomination.

Back Side:

                   Before changes:                                 After changes:


As we see, the overall idea is the same for the back. Although, I knew I needed to add more information and switch some things around. To start, I deleted the icon in the postcards mail square, along with changed the design of it. I further edited by adding a brief summary of my film (Abridgment). This allowing for the audience to gain a quick understanding before they go see the short film. Alongside this was an address for scream fest. I provided images of the scream fest horror short film as well. 
On the top of the postcard, I kept the director and production section, then deleted the cast members part. A quote from Hollywood times was provided as well, to make the film look more professional. In the lower middle, I added the genres and duration of the film. After structuring, I changed the color of the background. Lastly, I added contact information at the bottom. This way every bit of information that the audience may need is provided.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection