Blog Post #54 - Added Music & Voiceover


 I added a few more songs into the film along with my VoiceOver. Originally I had "The Good I'll Do" by Zach Bryan. Now I have three more. I added them since they fit the scenes vibe. I didn't want to have all of my scenes without some kind of sound. These songs are:

  • "Loom" by Zach Bryan
  • "Cover me up" by Morgan Wallen
  • "November Air" by Zach Bryan


I added the "Loom" song over the scene of Bonnie and Lucas on the phone. This song is played before she picks up the phone. She is trying to sleep, while he is playing video games. The part I added in was the beginning that way it was mostly instrumental. The only words that were put in were "How do I make you fall in love with me?". The rest is strictly just the background music of the song. "Cover me up" was also in this scene. I added it over when they were talking on the phone. This way there was a faint sound in the back rather than silence. Having this music also plays into the drama aspect of my film. "November air" is played over the school scene. When Bonnie meets in the hallway with Lucas at school. For the purpose of the drama side of my film as well.

For the voiceover, I used my own voice. I expressed it was the best and most flexible way to go about it. To achieve this voiceover, I recorded myself talking into my phone camera. I said "Hello?" multiple times. Along with saying "Bonnie" multiple times. This way I can clip which version I like the most. With this I could use them for multiple scenes as well. I placed the voiceover over the scene of Bonnie in the fridge and Bonnie on her run. When Bonnies in the fridge the VoiceOver states "Bonnie". When she's on her run, the voice says "Hello?" twice and "Bonnie" twice, while overlapping each other. The purpose of doing that was to add to the panic and intensity of the film. On all of the scenes were the VoiceOver was, I turned the volume of it down to 40%. This way the voice is very faint and is visible that it's in Bonnies head. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection