Blog Post #52 - New Script


My film doesn't have much dialogue. I realized this after editing further. To change that I added a new script. I explained previously that I plan out my scenes on my notes. I used this same strategy to plan out this script. I added a dialogue of Bonnie and Lucas to show how they interact. Doing this with a scene of Bonnie trying to fall asleep when she gets a call from her boyfriend, Lucas. Showing how they speak to each other. The purpose of this was to show they are in a healthy relationship. Along with Lucas knowing what's going on with Bonnie. Showing he isn't completely blindsided to what Bonnie is going through. 

SCRIPT:
GRAPHIC MATCH FADE IN

Music overlay

INT. LUCAS' BEDROOM IN HUDSON, FLORIDA

JUMPCUT TO LUCAS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES


LUCAS

"alright guys, I'm hopping on right now"

Lucas

"alright, one second"


OVER THE SHOULDER SHOT

Lucas calls Bonnie

INT. BONNIES BEDROOM IN HUDSON, FLORIDA

MIDSHOT

Bonnie receives the call on her end

Synchronous sound of phone call

INT. LUCAS' BEDROOM

LUCAS

"hey babe"

INT. BONNIES BEDROOM

AERIAL SHOT

BONNIE

"hello?"

MUSIC OVERLAY BEGINS

INT. LUCAS' BEDROOM

MIDSHOT

LUCAS

"what are you doing?"

INT. BONNIES BEDROOM

AERIAL SHOT

BONNIE

"trying to sleep, but its not working"

INT. LUCAS' BEDROOM

MIDSHOT
LUCAS

"is it still your panic attacks?"

INT. BONNIES BEDROOM

AERIAL SHOT

BONNIE

"yes, its like my mind wont shut off"

INT. LUCAS' BEDROOM

MIDSHOT

LUCAS

"why don't we try some things to help?"

INT. BONNIES BEDROOM

CLOSE-UP SHOT


BONNIE

"yes please!"

INT. LUCAS BEDROOM

OVER THE SHOULDER SHOT
LUCAS

"okay. I'm on the way"

INT. BONNIES BEDROOM

CLOSE-UP SHOT

BONNIE

"okay. Bye, I love you"

INT. LUCAS' BEDROOM

OVER THE SHOULDER

LUCAS

"love you too"


Lucas hangs up the call with Bonnie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection