Blog Post #51 - Ending scene

My ending scene was lightly touched in a couple blog post. After filming the scene, I have made some adjustments. The overall theme is the same. They song, movements, actors, are all consistent with my original plan. The adjustment comes in when focuses on camera angles and lighting. The camera angles were up in the air before. I made a list of camera angles and movements that I would use. Following these, I made lighting adjustments. I was going to use natural lighting for the scene, however, this would have changed the setting too much. Therefore, I kept the scenes dark. The high key lighting is a key feature I kept.

I added in a buildup to the scene. Instead of jumping into it, I added Lucas and Bonnie running through the door. Bonnie runs to her room and throws herself on the floor; clearly upset. Lucas then runs in after Bonnie, following her into her room. He lifts Bonnie up after noticing she's upset. Once lifting her up is when my original description of the scene starts. They stand in the room closely with their hands together. They hug, then the scene intertwines with the plot twist. For different parts of the scene, it flips from Bonnie and Lucas to just Bonnie. She is in the same position, however, it's just her. To show the visible change, I made the clips black and white.

Following the mention of similar techniques, I used the camera angles, shots, lighting, and sound I anticipated that I'd use. I explained that two-shot, over the shoulder, close-up, and extreme close-up would be used. For sound, I used the same song. For editing, I added a few techniques that I didn't elaborate on. These being jumpcuts and parallel editing. I used the jumpcut editing frequently with hopes of showing their actions from different angles. For parallel editing, I used it with the hands scene of Bonnie and Lucas and then when they were running through the door. I had Bonnie run through the door first. Then, Lucas ran through the door after her in the same way. Adding a sense of urgency but also individuality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection