Blos Post #42 - Instagram Poster

 The start of my instagram posts is here! I created a poster for my short film. Using Canvas, I created these in no time. Canva allows for creativity whilst also giving an outline to get you started. With this help, I made the posts to my instagram in under an hour. 

For my instagram poster, I feel it's a good step of kicking things off. My instagram poster includes nominations, title, actors and their roles, and a picture of my main actor. I wanted only Bonnie in the poster because she is the main character. Having her alone adds to the isolation and panic factor. If Matthew was in the poster as Lucas the poster would look more in the drama/relationship side. Since it's more of a horror/thriller I wanted that genre to stick out more. 

Instagram poster:


To create the scene of this poster all I needed was my actor, my front door, and a camera for the flash. I had my actor, Briana, lean up against the door. Originally, I told her to make a scared face. We took multiple takes but something was off. She put her hands over her head and I knew that's what we were missing. So, Briana went in the position of putting her hands on her face. To match the vibe, I lowered the exposure all the way down. For the soft and dark lighting combination, I used Brianas phone and the flash in multiple angles. I used overhead lighting, under lighting, high-key, and low-key until I got the angle and vision I wanted. Which is where we came up with the final result to create the poster.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection