Blog Post #49 - Hallway scene

Hallway Scene:


 For the drama side of my film, I set upon having a school scene. Bonnie is a teenager in high school, so I wanted to link that side of her character to her. To show how the people at school see her. Along with how she acts outside of her home. Adding a new location and setting to my film. I located this film in the hallway at Hudson High School. To show the drama, I had my first scene with Matthew as Lucas. I felt showing their relationship was necessary at this point in the filming process. To show how her mood changes when she has him next to her. 

This scene is relatively shorter. Bonnie is standing in the hallway with no emotion. Showing that she is just thinking to herself and is never comfortable alone. Giving the feeling that she is probably unsettled and in her head. She is overthinking only until Lucas finds her. She is awaiting him in the hallway. Once the bell rings, Lucas finds Bonnie in the hallway and tugs her shoulder. As she turns around her expression of relief and comfortable is automatically seen. Seeing her ease up and take her mind off of her illness. Before Bonnie was reunited with Lucas she was standing alone picking at her drink. Showing she is anxious. To add to my common theme of establishing shots, I mixed in the establishing shots of the hallway with her standing alone. Using the same techniques of pan angles, low-exposure lighting, silence, and ambient lighting from the school over-head lights. 

Along with those, I decided upon mid-shots for the scenes of Bonnie and Lucas talking. This way the background of everyone walking was seen. I wanted a natural atmosphere of people in the background. This way the audience can see how Bonnie doesn't care that they're all walking past looking at her weird because she has him. If Bonnie was alone, she would be overthinking everyone that passes. This scene highlights the drama aspect of may film.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection