Blog Post #48 - Running scene techniques

Running scene breakdown

Techniques used

  • Establishing shot
  • Mid-shot
  • Distance shot
  • Close-up
  • Tilt angle
  • Pan camera angle 
  • High-key lighting
  • Natural Lighting
  • Ambient lighting
  • Dialogue
  • Mise-en-scené
Most of the shots and camera angles listed are easily identifiable when viewing. Along with their purpose and commonality. Shots such as establishing, mid-shot, close-up, and pan-shot have been used frequently already. They have their individual significance within my film. The establishing shot helps set the scene and create the dark, spooky atmosphere. Mid-shot and close-up shot allow for the ability of the audience to see the actors facial expressions. Pan camera angles I use with the establishing shot. Doing this for the sole purpose of the audience seeing a new area. Working as an introduction to identify where they are and who they're with, if anyone. 

To spice up my typical techniques, I added the tilt camera angle and distance shot. Tilts I used a few time in this scene. I did this to build an uneasy vibe. When the camera is tilted it shows the audience that the atmosphere is uncomfortable. Adding to that feeling of panic and uncertainty. The exact feeling I want the audience to feel when watching. The distance shot was incorporated in this that way they could see a full body shot of Bonnie running. In efforts of realizing her body language. Seeing how her feet are stuck and she is running in a scary environment.

Dialogue is used sporadically within my film. I want that quietness from Bonnie to show she is always in her head. When she is quiet, the audience can hear the noises around her. Adding to the horror side. Bonnie quotes "Its probably nothing", and "Oh my gosh, why?". For lighting I used Natural, ambient, on top of my usual low exposure, high-key, and low-key. Natural is important in my film along with ambient. All the lighting usage plays a huge role in the scenes and how the products come out. The natural dark outside environment shows the isolation, and horror side. The ambient lighting of house and street lights sets the perfect atmosphere for my film. Giving me room to add my own lighting as well. To really grab the audiences eyes and point them where to look.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection