Blog Post 47 - New scene!



Bonnies Run Scene


 To keep the films idea of Bonnie feeling isolated, scared, and struggling with her illness, I added a new scene where she is running outside, at night, alone. I maintain the pattern of showing an establishing shot when the scene changes. To show the shift in scenery and build suspense, I shot a clip of the outside area that Bonnie was about to walk by. Following, Bonnie walks out of the house and zips up her jacket. I costumed Bonnie with a zip up, slim-fit jacket, running shorts, and running shoes to provide mise-en-scené. Giving the audience a right away that she is going on a run.

Bonnie begin her run down the street. To keep the scenery in the shots I recorded Bonnie running, then next is man shots of her surroundings. Showing the wild around her gives the dark, scary atmosphere that I am going for. As Bonnie is running she hears a branch break. Visibly startled, however, pushes through and begins her strides once more. Once Bonnie hears her name she gets too scared to keep running.She runs home in a panic. As she approaches her house she says "Oh my gosh, why?". The viewers can see she's fed up with her illness and doesn't know what to do. To end the scene, Bonnie slams her house door and locks it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection