Blog Post #44 - Postcard editing!

My postcard is edited quite frequently due to necessary changes. Every time I update the postcard I come across further research of film postcards. Therefore, causing me to keep updating.

Updates on Postcard:
  • Layout
  • Back side
  • New images
  • Matthew instead of Noah
Postcard Updated:

I took a visit to Canva and checked out the postcard layouts they had. Alongside this, I searched for different movies and their postcards. For the front, I came across a layout where the postcard was split into three different parts. I felt this looked more organized than my current postcard. I used that layout idea snd created my own on Abode Photoshop. Using a white line to divide the three different sections. To follow the organization aspect, I put the background image as the largest section. Taking up the whole left side. For the right, I split this into two. The bottom is about 1/4 of the right side; this way the picture of Bonnie and Lucas can take up majority of the right side. The bottom section is being used to display the information about the short film. Including the title, production, and award. 

Front side :

The backside is where I researched online. To find the most accurate representation of a backside of a postcard for a film festival or advertising in general. To set the back up, I placed the title of the short film at the upper left corner. Below this is further information; including, director name, casting members, and production name again. In addition, many postcards for films that I came across when researching have a small description/ tease message. A sort of foreshadowing of what their film is like in a couple sentences. Inspired by this, I created a small message/ teaser that states "Do you hear what she hears? Do you see what she sees". Then, the right side is the typical postcard. Consisting of the postcard stamp, and the line which leaves space for an additional message.
Back Side:










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection