Blog Post #41 - Planning scenes

 A key part of filming is mapping out the scenes before shooting them. This way I can think of clothing, dialogue, appropriate sound usage, camera angles etc. Everything needs to be planned out to correctly organize my film. To help me do this, I use my notes app. I used this strategy last year as well. It helps me keep track of my progress as I can edit it any time.

My plans as of now:

This is the easiest set up for me, it helps me remember what i'm doing. I wanted to incorporate a school scene in my film. To show the side of drama and relationships. I want to show Bonnies reliance on her boyfriend. Showing her mood change to happy when he is around. Giving her hope and light in her life considering her condition. I will add some background characters to make the scene more realistic. Since its at school, showing other faces adds to the High school experience.

To follow the suspense, I wanted a longer horror/thriller scene. The thriller will be Bonnie running. She will be on a run and get spooked out. When she gets scared she will start hearing the voices. Causing her to panic and pick up the pace. She will be dressed in workout clothes to insinuate she is on a run. Along with running alone, at night. Being alone at night is scary as it is. This way my film will have that scary and anticipation aspect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection