Blog Post #37 - Voiceover
I briefly mentioned that there will be a voiceover in my short film. I will be the VoiceOver voice for efficiency purposes. A VoiceOver is an editing technique where an unseen voice has commentary over a scene. I was inspired to do these by the horror short film "Shut the door at 10:04". This short film inspired my genre, lighting techniques, and much more including the VoiceOver. I feel as though the VoiceOver allows me the opportunity to mess around with overlaying sounds in my film. Based on the short film it makes the hallucination sound more realistic since it isn't in scene. Showing a use of diegetic vs non-diegetic and synchronous vs asynchronous.
How I will do this is similar to how I overlayed the sound of the wind onto one of my scenes. I will created a dialogue script of what to say. Then, once I have a good take, I will go to iMovie and subtract the sound out of the clip. Allowing me to play the dialogue over a scene without being in it. I have purposely recorded extra seconds in a scene to insert the VoiceOver. Example, I had Briana stand infront of the fridge and wait about 4-5 seconds before closing it. This way I can go in and edit my voice in before she continues acting. I feel as though the VoiceOver will add a good horror aspect into my film. Alongside giving the audience an idea of what the character is hearing.

Comments
Post a Comment