Blog Post #35 - New scene techniques

Techniques used :

  • High-key Lighting
  • Low-key Lighting
  • Intentional, hand-held flash lighting
  • Dialogue 
  • Short clips, speed up the pace
  • Voiceover
  • Tilt
  • Mid-shot
  • Close-up

For this scene, I used a lot of skills to make the audience clearly evaluate Bonnies struggle and situation. For lighting, I used high-key when in the hallway as she went to her room. High-key lighting was obtainable by having Abby stand close to Brianas face with the brightness high. The outcome gave a clear view of Bonnies expression. I wanted the panic on her face to be visible. Low-key is used in the same hallway with her legs. Low-key lighting was created with Abby standing further back with the brightness of the flashlight turned down. To show her fast pace, I lowered the brightness and stayed close to the floor. In order to achieve the shot of an eery vibe. 

This same shot is where I used the tilt camera angle. The tilt is a common camera angle in horror and thriller movies/tv shows. It adds an uneasy and unbalanced watch. This is exactly the idea I want to get across to my audience. This way they can easily pick up on the genre. Mid-shot and close-ups are used frequently, as expected. I used the close-up for the door knob. This way the audience knew what to look at. The mid-shot is handy when showing Bonnies movements and expression, whilst also capturing the background. 

This clip is the first introduction of the voiceover. I will be the voiceover voice that Bonnie is hearing. I will be doing it since i'm the one editing. If I do the voiceover, I can change it anytime I like and record whenever. Dialogue isn't a huge role in my film since I will be focusing more on the music, acting, and lighting. I am incorporating some dialogue. Which is why I had Briana say "no, no, no, no" repetitively. 
Longer clips are common in my short film, although I used short clips in this scene to speed up the pace after Bonnie hears her voices. To add adrenaline to the audiences. The short clips allow me to film at different angles and edit them all together with a quick speed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection