Blog Post #33 - Lighting Comparison

In my new clips, I used intentional lighting for all of the clips. I used Abby to hold the flash differently depending on the clip. Abby has helped a lot throughout this project. Between sparking ideas, being the lighting holder, and overall helping with whatever assistance I need. I wrote about how I wanted to focus more on lighting this year. Therefore, I used this intentional lighting. Including ambient lights and different lighting techniques.

I previously described how I dim the brightness on the camera before I start filming. This way the video is low exposure before I add on other lighting uses. For ambient I still used the light from the animal tank and Bonnies phone, like the original clips. What I included more of was low-key lighting. I did this by having Abby stand at a certain distance with the phone flash at a lower exposure.

For these two pictures the left is the original and the right is the remake. It's clear that they give different atmosphere solely off the lighting. The original doesn't show what the story will include. Due to the darkness of the remake, it is clear that it's a darker short film. The lighting used for the original was my ceiling fan, which is very bright. For the remake, I turned my room light off and used the TVs ambient lighting to light up the room. It has the default Roku purple background. This was a perfect lighting for my darker themes.


 


Same idea goes for these two clips. The original on the left and the remake on the right. For these, the lighting from the ceiling was turned off which makes the clip much better. This way, the phone acts as the main light. By having this lighting on Bonnie it shows her face better than when the light was on before. As well as adding to the horror side.


    






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection