Blog Post #32 - Made some changes

 When looking back at my first scenes, I didn't feel as though it gave the horror feel. The editing, sound, and camera work followed the conventions. However, a huge factor is lighting. I used intentional lighting but not dark lighting. We had filmed around 4pm for those past takes. When continuing filming, I felt I needed to redo the clips when it was darker. These new clips are filmed at 8pm to use natural lighting and give the horror/thriller feel. 

Doing this allowed me to use other lighting techniques as well. When the natural lighting is dark, I can use intentional lighting. Still following the same lighting as described in previous blogs (ambient, natural, etc). Adding a few more overhead, under-lighting, alongside more camera angles. For the scene of Bonnie in her bed, I inserted a new camera angle. This being an aerial shot close-up. I realized when re-filming that I wanted a wider variety of camera angles than the first time.

I still recorded the same clips except I took out the short clip of the close-up to the door. This originally had the sound edited over -the foley sound- of the wind sound. I am still using this overlay, however, it will be over a different clip. The music and overall idea of the beginning clips has stayed the same.

Example of the lighting difference:


Original Clip:


Re-filmed Clip:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection