Blog post#26 - Filming Start!
Filming starts once again! In the opening scenes I started filming, I used only one actor, Briana as Bonnie. There was one more person used to help us get the scenery needed. My friend, Abby, assisted us with whatever we needed. For the first scene, I wanted a tracking/establishing shot. To do this, I didn't want a handheld camera so, we improvised.
This is a behind the scenes picture of what we came up with. We used my nephews chair to push along the floor to achieve a not-shaky clip. The candle was heavy enough to stay on the chair without moving. Therefore, allowing me to hold the phone in place ensuring it wouldn't fall. All whilst Abby pushed the chair in the direction I said. This took multiple tries since we had to experiment with different angles and items.
Using props and helping hands will be and is essential for my film. I couldn't have got that shot with only Briana and I. Especially when using lighting like in the preliminary exercise, I needed help to hold the light above my sisters head while I filmed. This technique with staged lighting will be copied as my film goes on. I realized after Abby had helped us that I will be needed extra helping hands and props.


Comments
Post a Comment