Blog post #31 - Behind the Scenes !

 



These are a couple pictures from outside of my front door. These are both from filming the first couple minutes of the short film. The issue with these is the angle, lighting, and sound. The plan was to use natural lighting. I took advantage of the daytime to record this. I needed a way to record this and tie it into my films genres. The lighting isn't a typical convention, however, I lowered the exposure to create a darker atmosphere. Originally I was going to record very low to the ground. As we see on the left picture the attempt was there. 

On the right picture I went a little higher. This result was the one used in the film. This was a mid shot which allows the viewers to see the door handle and the important pieces of the door. What is not seen in these is Abby behind the door. We had Abby on the inside to open the door. This way it adds a suspense and question to how the door opened by itself. Steering away from the brightness and focusing more on the noises and ominous structure of the shot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection