Blog post #30 - Postcard beginning


 Postcard are a must in the film industry. They work as a great way to promote films. They include awards on it to caught the attention of anyone interested. The short film "Us. Them. Me" is a perfect example. This short film is about a couple who is struggling to stay together. They are having mental issues that are tearing them apart. This short film is directed by Quincy Woo. "Us. Them. Me" won a few awards such as "Official Selection", "Best Dramatic Short", and "Best Actor in a Short Film". All three are plastered on the postcard to show that the short film is worth watching as it was popular enough the win such awards.


The postcard I focused on was a huge inspiration to mine. This is my postcard for my film. I used Adobe Photoshop to create it. The practice from the Preliminary assignment helped immensely. I used the same technique with the underlighting, low exposure, and movement. I tried to follow the postcard closely, therefore, I made my own awards to put on the postcard. I used one of my film festivals researched, being the Screamfest. I wanted to include the relationship as well. To incorporate the drama in the postcard, I took a picture of Noah and Bri hugging and stuck it in the corner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection