Blog post #27 - Scene One


To start filming, I decided to start with the beginning. The opening scene is described, however, now it is filmed and edited. I structured this in a way for the audience to automatically see an issue. Alongside knowing the genre. Doing so, I had the slow antsy shot to the bedroom door. Followed by multiple pan shots of the room. This will allow me to put the credits over the shots as well. After the pan shots, I recorded Bonnie on her phone covered in her blanket. She then spoke aloud to someone. To show her illness from the start, I took some shots outside of her room around the house showing no one is home.

In the scenes I used dark lighting by putting my brightness down before recording. This way, the video will be pre-dimmed. Other lighting techniques were artificial and ambient lighting. Artificial lighting is used in the bedroom and hallway. I used the artificial lighting on my ceiling fan to show where Bonnies room was. Since I had it on for that shot, I kept it on. Ambient lighting is seen with the tank in the front room. Since that light gave a spotlight feel I didn't add any light myself. 

Natural lighting is used frequently. I used the natural lighting to show the dishes, counter, backyard, and overall house. This way it is clear nobody is home. There is a contrast between low-key and high-key lighting here. To show different things, the hallway I had low-key lighting as it is supposed to add suspense. The high-key lighting is seen with the dishes. I didn't dim my phone before, keeping the exposure high. Allowing for a bright light outside to glare on the dishes.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection