Blog post #18- Opening scene described
My opening will automatically show the horror/thriller genre alongside the isolation aspect. To obtain this, I will use specific lighting techniques, camera angles and shots, editing, and sounds.
My opening scene will begin at my front door. The scene will be establishing shots taken at a low angle. The establishing shot will contain no actors. The scene will consist of a tracking shot from my front room and hallway to my bedroom. Having this starts off the film with unease, creating a horror feel straight of the bat. Having the ground level shot builds suspense as well. Establishing the short films main genres.
To and to the horror/ thriller feel I am recording at night. Using the natural lighting through the house windows. To show which room the audience shall focus on, I am using artificial and ambient lighting from my rooms ceiling fan, which will be seen under the door. Dark lighting is common in horror/thriller films; being why I am using it frequently.
Editing and sound play a large role within my film. I explained the music and sounds that'll be editing over my scenes. For the opening scene, I’m going to choose one of the suspense sounds to use. Setting the scene and fully making that horror feel. I want the audience to tell right away what they should expect from my short film.
Example shots of the atmosphere and techniques

Comments
Post a Comment