Blog post #17- Casting and relationship explained
This year, I only have two actors. I had around six last year. The difference in the genres and storyline is why I will have two only. For my story, there will be a common theme of isolation. I added Bonnies boyfriend to the story for the drama side of my horror/thriller based short film.
The main idea is to have Bonnie suffering from oneirophrenia. As described in previous blog posts, I wanted to have Bonnie in a relationship that way she isn't entirely ‘alone’. Since I am a 17 year old girl, I want someone for Bonnie to rely on and keep her grounded. Stirring away from the typical horror /thriller conventions. Adding a counter stereotype of romance that survives throughout the film. This will make for an attention grabbing short film.
Having only Bonnie and Lucas will outline the intimacy of their relationship. It will give the audience a clear understanding of who to pay attention too. I was going to originally add a friendship for Bonnie. However, doing so will lower the horror and raise the romance and drama. Therefore, this is why I will only have my two actors for my horrors/ thriller/drama short film.

Comments
Post a Comment