Blog post #13 - Sound Usage
Horror and thriller movies need specific elements to grab attention of different audiences. A main element needed is sound. Music, voiceovers, ambient sounds, dialogue, etc. Horror and thrillers need music overlays to build that suspense. A horror film with no music wont create a dark, antsy atmosphere. Which is crucial to the film. To achieve this, I will include the sounds I listed.
Ambient sound will be used when including foot steps and sounds someone would pick up in real life. To create suspense I mention foot steps. This is common in horror movies so the audience can anticipate a jump scare or something will happen. Dialogue will also be used frequently throughout my film.
When viewing short films similar to my idea, they use voiceovers to create hallucinations. These voiceovers will be used solely for hallucinations. If the character isn't hallucinating then the person will be regular talking on camera. This way its still confusing on what is real and whats not, although, this will be what tells them apart.
I will incorporate different soundtracks into the short film. It will consist of different suspense music. Depending on the scene, I will use intensified music for when she cant tell whats real, a different one for when she's running, etc. Some examples of the soundtracks I will use:
I will say the duration used per video after I know what part fits.
Comments
Post a Comment