To test my skills and get ready for filming, I took two images and two videos. Practicing my editing, sound, lighting, mise-en-scène, and camera shots/angles.
I took this picture without an actor to enlighten the horror side. This shot shows the setting along with the dark atmosphere that is a convention of horror movies. I filmed this with a darkened lens and edited it as well. I overlayed a "warm" effect at 50% to create the contrast in color. This is a hand-held mid-shot camera shot.
I wanted to prepare how to do a thriller type of shot. So, to achieve this image, I had the actor, Olivia, sway back and forth. In order to get the uneasy and troubled look, alongside her facial expression being worried. I held a flashlight high up to the right, facing down, to get the overhead lighting. I made the hallway dark and took the image as a low-angle to capture her expression and keep that uneasy appearance.
https://youtu.be/s0u3stMCiN8
I filmed two different videos at different angles to achieve this short clip. I lowered the darkness on my camera before filming to get the dark appearance. For this, I had Olivia hold her head and act like she is spiraling. A common attempt of calming down Oneirophrenia is going to sleep. So, I put her in the bed. I used natural lighting for this shot. I filmed a mid-shot and a high-angle shot. Then I used iMovie to edit the clips together. For sound, I liked the white ambient noises in the house to show the contrast between what she's hearing and the actual noise around her.
https://youtu.be/2L7OmaXMcf0
This clip is showing a glimpse into oneirophrenia as she isn't actually on the phone with anyone. I did a close-up shot for the third clip at the end, to show her phone is off and she's hallucinating a phone call. I once again used the dark atmosphere with natural lighting. When filming the final short film I will be filming mostly at night time rather than mid-day like these shots. That way the atmosphere will be even darker, and I will use staged lighting. The editing technique here is the jump cuts I added to show a continuous phone call. For sound I did dialogue and a soundtrack of ominous suspense music. To get the feel of suspense and horror/thriller in the film.
When filming for the final project, I will focus more on makeup and costuming than I did here, however I will be using techniques I learned from last year along with more from researching. I used specific techniques in these that I didn't use last year. Progress!
Final Active Instagram: Post #1 Post #2 Post #3 Post #4 Post #5 Post #6 Post #7 Post #8 Post #9 Post #10 Highlight pictures: https://www.instagram.com/iloveyourightfilmal?igsh=MWwxaDlicmZycmVtOA==
Storming ideas for my final project includes the audience understanding the genre of my film by watching it. When viewing my final extract, it should be determinable that my genres are horror, thriller, and drama. To do this, I need to find common conventions found within each genre. Typical horror conventions include a dark, unsettling atmosphere, isolation, mystery, ominous sounds, etc. To get inspiration, there's a few movie posters to view. "The Conjuring 2" poster immediately shows themovie is horror. It has dark imagery/atmosphere, isolation, black and white colors, the mystery of the large hand and lots of suspense just by the look. Seeing this, allows me to understand what I will need to include in my final project. I will be majority filming after dark to get the darker atmosphere. Followed by the main character being isolated and uneasy music to create suspense. Thrillers are similar; however, they add that engagement with the audience. Those feelings of excite...
Theres so many factors that play into the world of media. Rather referring to the audience, production, marketing, technology, cross-media convergence, social media, etc. With the media world gaining more and more popularity as the generations continue, it allows for the content and quality to increa se as well. Within this wide community falls a favored media option , film. The distribution aspect of film has opened new con nections and opportunities for industries, audiences, and rising pro ductions. One of these r ising productions being MLa Eerie Productions with the film “I Lo ve You, Right ? ” , directed by Mia Robinson . With my film , my products represent social groups and issues. With the rise of film, it is important that there is a theme and overall issue that is being targeted. The social group and issue being represented in my film is mental illness, teens, and relationships. Each of my products touches on these social groups and issues. The men...
Comments
Post a Comment