Blog post #10 - Setting research

 Setting is important in film as it sets the mood, atmosphere, and an understanding of the situation at hand. The setting for my short film will be my home. As it will show the main characters safe space. I might do an outdoor scene, if this happens I will update my setting blog. For now, I will take place in my house. This way I can control lighting and acting will be more comfortable for my actors.

My bedroom will consist of scenes where my character is trying to battle her disorder alone. Where she is struggling to depict specific events from dreaming or real life. Where she feels she needs to be alone because everything happens too fast. This will be her comfort spot where she calms herself down.

The hallway will be where she hears the voices that aren't real. Where she battles this disorder the most will be the hallway. It will remain dark and secluded to remind the audience that this is the dangerous spot. It will signify that she isn't hearing real voices. Now, she is just a teenage girl so she gives into the voices. I want this hallway to be seen as THE spot that sparks her oneirophrenia.
 





The front room near the door will be where people are with her. If her significant other or best friend, whoever is with her will be here. This is the brightest room and most open. Therefore, if someone is with her it will feel as though she isn't alone. Showing the huge contrast between the small secluded hallway where she is alone with the voices and hallucinations, vs the open, brighter, bigger front room where she feels comforted and seen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection