Blog Post #3- Short Film Inspo

 I briefly mentioned I researched a few short films. So here are a few that really inspired my genre and overall ending idea.

https://youtu.be/xm6NjBngIx0?si=bGUYMMCf4QJZwdxn


This short film called "CLOSING TIME". It is about a woman who is meeting her boyfriend for a talk. She grows worried as he isn't arriving after a large amount of time passes. The waitress explains that there's a man at a separate table who has been there for a while. She expresses how worried she is that he might be waiting for her to close. The woman is kind enough to go to the man and talk to him. When there's a huge twist, the man is no longer alive. That man is her boyfriend. By the time she realizes the waitress is standing behind her with a knife. This short film is what made me realize I wanted to do a horror short film as it was a very good watch.

https://youtu.be/ZFdyrVkliGQ?si=_esdf09Jto9uZkAR


Now, this is the short film that gave me the idea of a girl who can't tell the difference between reality and hallucinations/dreams. However, I was watching other tv shows and movies that sparked my drama side. The short film is "SHUT THE DOOR at 10:04". It is about a guy who is so dissociated with the world that he can't differentiate between his hallucinations/voices and what's real. It shows what he hears and goes through. In this he writes himself notes saying what to do when he hears these voices. The twist is he gives into the voices and it turns out they may be more dangerous than just voices in his head. I loved the idea of this and it was so well put together. I was beyond intrigued when watching this. I will use this as inspiration of how to set mine up.

When my blogs further develop, it will be clear how much these two short films are influencing and guiding my work. I will revisit them constantly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection