Blog post #2 - Last years blog
I was overall happy with my final project for AS media studies. When re-visiting, I see things I can improve on this year. I didn't use many camera angles and my wardrobe wasn't planned out.
This outfit is an example of underprepared costuming. Her outfit doesn't fit the scene nor add anything. This year I will plan out outfits that match her attitude and the scene. I also didn't focus on makeup. Makeup is very important in filming, I never paid attention to it. I also will pay deeper attention to lighting. Lighting is difficult, especially when filming on an iPhone. I will research ways to get better lighting techniques on my phone. With these outfits for my opening scene I did plan them out. They were really last minute. This year I will plan out my outfits, scenes, and have overall better time management. The outfits did the job, but there is room for improvement. The black jackets did fit but the blue jeans don't necessarily add anything. I will improve on matching wardrobes to scenes. This is an important area to improve since the short film will have more scenes.
Last year the video was two minutes, this year is five. More scenes means more outfits. Along with different makeup to bring out specific features in each scene. A thing I did like that I planned out was my props. I had the fake gun which initiated the sense of danger. I liked the vibe I had on my last blog, and the dedication to meet 50 blog posts. This year I will exceed that and use these as a reminder of what to work on!


Comments
Post a Comment