Blog Post #1- Introduction Again!

 Hello! Im Mia Robinson. Currently, I am enrolled in AL media studies. For this years project I have decided to do a short film. This short film will be a horror/thriller/drama with a plot of a girl who can't tell the difference between real life and hallucinations/ dreams. The difficult part is going to be filming a horror setting. Trying to get schedules aligned and acting right. 

Originally, I was going to do a crime documentary. However, the documentary requires props and connections to different places. Due to that level of difficulty, I decided a short film would be best. Still wanting to keep the thriller genre, I researched different thriller/horror short films. They seemed very interesting, then I decided this would be my final blog post idea. To make the short film more intriguing, I am thinking of adding a strain on relationships to incorporate a drama feel. This strategy will appeal more to my audiences.


This image is from a "Supernatural" photoshoot. This show is a drama/horror. It contains supernatural content along with relationships. This genre and feel is what I will be going for. My blog with resemble a darker vibe to foreshadow the content of the final short film. I will be using these similar conventions.

I feel more confident with this years blog post and final video. Last year gave me a good basis. I will be using similar techniques, however; I will be more advanced and detailed. I am using my last years blog to help me structure and give ideas for this years blog. Learning how to evolve and approach my ideas further! I can't wait to start researching and filming!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog post #6 - Typical Conventions + Posters

Blog Post #61 - Critical Reflection